Race Weekend Information
Packet Pickup Information:
Packet pickup will take place at the Andover Youth Center located at 40 Whittier Court, Andover during the following times:
- Friday, September 17th: 12:00 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, September 18th: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, September 19th: 7:00 – 8:45 a.m.
Team Packet Pickup: If you are on a team, your team captain will pick up your package. Team captains will receive an email from our Team Coordinator, Tracy, to schedule your team’s pickup.
Registration Information: If you are registering on one of these days, we will ask you to register on your phone. We will have QR codes and volunteers available to help.
The Step Up for Colleen 5K Walk/Run will follow all state guidelines as they relate to COVID-19 at the time of the race. We have implemented additional protocols to promote the health and safety of participants, spectators and our volunteers. For the safety of everyone, we ask that you please respect these protocols.
PACKET PICKUP PROTOCOLS:
- A properly worn face mask must be worn at packet pickup by race committee members, volunteers, registrants & family picking up.
- Please have only one member of your party pickup, we will ask others to wait outside
- If possible, please do not bring unvaccinated children indoors
- Packet pickup is scheduled at the Cormier Youth Center in Andover. We will require people to stay 6 feet apart. We will try to have some of the pickups outdoors depending on weather, etc, but if not, it will be in a large room where social distancing can take place.
- We will send you an email with your bib number, so please bring that with you. If you do not have your number, we will look it up for you.
- We will keep registration open until 8:45 of race day, however, you will need to register on your phone either before you come or when you arrive and we will then give you your bib and shirt.
- We will have a QR code that you can use to get you to the registration site and the ability to scan your credit card using your phone.
- There will be no delivery for teams this year unless special arrangements have been made.
- We will have fewer volunteers this year to allow for more distancing so please be patient!
- If you want to participate, but are uncomfortable being there on race day, please register as a virtual. If you are in the area, we will ask that you pick up your packet, and if you are not local, we will mail the packet.
- The preferred payment method is a credit card to avoid contact, and protect our volunteers unless you do not have a credit.
- If payment by credit card is not an option, cash will be accepted, but we will not have change, so you will need to have the exact amount, or a check payable to Colleen E. Ritzer Memorial Fund Inc., for $35 will be accepted. You will be asked to deposit your check or cash into a designated box to avoid contact.
- We will have disposal masks available at packet pickup/registration in case you forget to bring one
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at touchpoints at pickup and registration.
RACE DAY PROTOCOLS:
- There will be no water station in the bird sanctuary, so please bring your own water.
- Bottled water will be available at the finish line.
- We will have multiple pulses at the start of the race to allow more spacing between runners and walkers, so please be patient and follow instructions.
- Please do not congregate at the start/finish line. There is plenty of room to spread out in the park.
- If you’ve tested positive and are recovering from COVID-19, or have been exposed to it, been medically quarantined, or have a fever or experiencing symptoms, we respectfully ask you not to attend. You may email us and we will send you your shirt, etc.
- Currently, you will not be required to wear a mask outdoors at the event, unless state mandates change
- However, we do ask you to wear a mask while in the corral if you are unvaccinated or you are unable to socially distance
- Please do not discard masks on the ground. Please put them in your pocket until you find a trash receptacle. Do not litter anywhere.
- Please respect others and be kind.